Wednesday, June 17, 2009

1,000,000

.


I love numbers, I love statistics, I love spreadsheets. Thankfully, I even like budgets, especially when they're not mine; the ones at work, for instance!



Beyond numbers, I also have a passion for Compassion, God, and people.


This morning, I watched a video about the inspiring journey of the 1 that grew to 1,00,000. From one to one million, each one with a story of compassion.

One million children released from poverty in Jesus' name and given HOPE. These precious children are not faceless, nameless numbers and statistics, they are God's children, they have families, hopes and dreams, they matter, and so do the other children waiting for their turn to join this first million.

If there are a million children sponsored, imagine how many more children would be released from poverty, given food, clothing, education, love, and HOPE if there were a million SPONSORS?

Please take a moment and watch this video, and consider sponsoring a child. If you can not sponsor a child at this time, we still need you, they still need you. Pray for them, and consider donating to www.compassion.ca (Canada) or www.compassion.com (US) in order to help support the children still waiting for sponsorship.






"He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD,
and he will reward him for what he has done."
Proverbs 19:17





Canadian friends and family, this is your link to changing lives! Click HERE
For our U.S. friends and family, this is your link to changing lives! Click HERE



.

2 Comments:

Kami said...

JD I think that you and I share one heart! I just LOVE Compassion as well and love spending time writing to Seida, our compassion child! You are an amazing woman - I love your heart :)

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Shoot...I've got a little one sleeping next to me...I'll be back in the morning to watch it when the noise won't disturb anyone...

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!